The Christian Homeschool Association of Pennsylvania (CHAP) provides links to national, regional and local support groups, as well as agencies serving homeschoolers. These links are for homeschoolers’ reference only and listing here does not imply CHAP’s recommendation or endorsement.
CHAP websites designed to help homeschoolers
- CHAP eNews – Hints and happenings for homeschoolers in and around Pennsylvania.
- CHAP Calendar – Events around the state submitted by local support groups.
- Beginning Homeschooling – Visit the Beginning Homeschool website – a project of the National Alliance of Christian Home Education Leadership
Government | Legislation | Legal
- Find your legislator – Find out how to contact your government representatives.
- The Home School Legal Defense Association – HSLDA monitors homeschool legislative issues at the national level and provides legal coverage for participating families in the United States and Canada. The annual membership fee of $120 provides experienced legal counsel and representation by qualified attorneys to any member family who is challenged in the area of homeschooling. All attorneys’ fees and costs are paid in full directly by the Association. To apply, call HSLDA for an application form at 540-338-5600 or go to www.hslda.org.
- National Home Education Research Institute – NHERI is the National Home Education Research Institute. NHERI conducts and collects research about homeschooling (home-based education, home schooling), and publishes the research journal called the Home School Researcher. The institute has hundreds of research works documented and catalogued on home schooling, many of which were done by NHERI. Simply put, NHERI specializes in homeschool research.
Overview of Homeschooling Requirements