2014 CHAP Scholarship Contest
Who can enter?
TRADITIONALLY homeschool students who are residents of PA, are graduating in spring of 2014 or have already graduated and who are continuing their education through some type of learning program (college, trade school).
How do I enter?
The following items MUST be included with your application and mailed to: CHAP Scholarship, 126 W. School St., Hatfield, PA 19440.
1. Complete the CHAP Scholarship Application & Cover Sheet
2. High School transcript (from High School Program or from Parent)
3. Summary of Christian walk – attach essay (not to exceed one page)
4. Summary of homeschool experience – attach essay (not to exceed 1/2 page)
5. Summary of plans for the future – attach essay (not to exceed 1/2 page)
6. Applicant photo (will not be returned)
7. TWO letters of recommendation are required from non-family members. Please have individuals write the applicant’s full name on the top of the letter. Each letter should not exceed one page and should share any knowledge of the student’s academic life, Christian life and personal character. All letters of recommendation must be mailed to the CHAP office directly from the individual providing the reference.
Entries can be submitted BY MAIL ONLY! No online, email or faxed documents will be accepted.
When can I enter?
Applications will be accepted between January 1st and March 15th. All material and application components must be postmarked no later than March 15, 2014.
What are the scholarship amounts?
How will the scholarship be awarded?
The CHAP Scholarship will be awarded based on the following criteria: traditionally homeschooled, academics, activities, Christian testimony, character and a student who has not already received a CHAP scholarship.
When will the winners be announced?
The winners will be announced during a special ceremony at the 2014 CHAP Convention.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
Please contact Brandi at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.